Sunday, January 01, 2012

Quotable 2011

  We are amazed and thankful at how God was so faithful to us in 2011!    I was looking back in our family journal at some of our favorite quotes from the children and I thought I'd share them here.  We decided some weren't appropriate for this blog, so you'll just have to come visit and read them for yourselves.  Hope they make you smile.

Anna: Mommy, I STILL can't decide who I want to marry when I grow up.

Anna: Joshua, you can tell others about Jesus when you grow up!

Anna at breakfast one day: Mama, my eyes are old. They aren't working so well.  I think I need new ones.

Upon presenting me with a lovely bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day, Anna said, "I'm sorry there's no dandelions in them."

In the bathtub Anna was pretending to host a TV cooking show (like the ones we watch on PBS).  I was the audience as she told me how to mix and what to pour in.  Suddenly, she looked up and said, "You have to be nakey to make this recipe."

Anna:  Grammie must have had a hard time naming Daddy.
Me:  I don't think so.  Daddy's daddy's name was John, so they named Daddy after him.
Anna: Then why is he called "Grampie:?

Anna, looking at a calendar and thinking ahead to her birthday said, "Joshua and I are kinda like twins because we were born on the same page and in the same week."

Joshua was in the shopping cart in the PX as we looked for new sneakers for him.  I told him he needed big boy shoes.  He held up his arms in "soooo big" fashion.  I asked if he was big, he said, "Yeah!  Dew!" and held up 2 fingers.  I told him he wasn't 2 yet, but almost.

I was struggling to get Joshua out of the car with my hands already full of dry cleaning, a shopping bag, and the diaper bag.  Anna asked, "Mama, do you need monkey hands?"

We were walking to the library one spring morning in the wet grass.  Anna said, "It dewed last night!"

On the same walk to the library we smelled a skunk.  Anna said, "It must have skunked someone.  Or maybe it just skunked for fun."

Anna: I LOVE New Jersey.
Me:  Really? Why?
Anna: Because they do your gas for you so you can go in and go potty and get a snack.  I LOVE New Jersey!

We were outside one morning when the mailman walked up and gave us our mail.  When he walked away, Anna said, "Hey!  They wear cadet pants!"

Upon meeting Baby Elizabeth for the first time at the hospital, Joshua couldn't stop saying, "Aww...doot (cute.) Aww....doot baby.  Aww....doot."

Throughout this Christmas season, anytime Joshua sees anything Christmas-y, such as trees, lights, etc., he exclaims, "Miss!"  which is his word for "Christmas."  Santa included.  Joshua does not like Santa.  At Daddy's work party, Santa gave candy and small gifts to the children.  Joshua would not come out from behind my leg to talk to Santa.  When Santa came over to him and offered a candy cane, a Joshua arm reached out, snatched that candy cane, then disappeared just as quickly behind my legs.  Now, he says, "No Miss, Scared.  No Miss," whenever he sees a Santa.

Happy New Year, everyone!  May the reality of our Savior's gift of peace, hope, and joy be known, "far as the curse is found."

1 comment:

Building These Walls said...

I am SO glad you posted these!! You made me laugh out loud, more than once ;) They are all absolutely adorable inside and out!! Love you!! Mary